Europäische Union - 30.05.2015
Die Europäische Kommission hat 27.718 BürgerInnen in Europa im Jahr 2015 zum Thema Diskriminierung befragt. 1.513 davon aus der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Für alle EU-Länder gilt: Over one in three respondents say that discrimination on the basis of gender is widespread in their country (37%; +6 percentage points). Respondents are more likely to say that age discrimination is widespread on the basis of being over 55 years old (42%; -3) rather than being under 30 years olds (19%; +1).
2.3. Age discrimination against older people
2.3.1. Having a person over 75 in the highest political office
Many people across Europe would not be comfortable about having a person aged over 75 in the highest elected political position in their country. Less than half (46%) say they would be comfortable (giving a score of 7-10 out of 10), with a further 7% spontaneously saying that they are indifferent, while 29% would be uncomfortable (score of less than 5). EU citizens are more at ease than they were three years ago about having a person aged over 75 in the highest elected political position in their country. The proportion who are comfortable or indifferent has increased from 39% to 53% since the June 2012 survey.
2.3.2. Working with a person aged over 60
A large majority of respondents say that they would be very comfortable working with someone aged over 60. More than six in ten (63%) give a score of 10 out of 10 for how comfortable they would be with this situation; overall, 80% would be comfortable (7-10 out of 10), with 11% ‘indifferent’ (making a total of 91% of respondents that would feel at ease working with someone aged over 60). Just 3% would not be comfortable with it (score of less than 5).
2.4. Age discrimination against younger people
2.4.1. Having a person under 30 in the highest political office
Respondents are generally more at ease about having a person aged under 30 in the highest elected political position in their country (61% comfortable or indifferent), than they are about having someone aged over 75 (53%).
Once again, there has been an increase in comfort levels since the June 2012 survey, when 51% were comfortable or indifferent (+10 percentage points).
2.4.2. Working with a person under 25
Most respondents say that they would be very comfortable working with someone aged under 25. Around two in three (65%) give a score of 10 out of 10 for how comfortable they would be with this situation, and 81% would be comfortable (score of 7-10 out of 10), with a further 11% ‘indifferent’ (making a total of 92% of respondents that would feel at ease working with someone under 25). Just 2% would be uncomfortable with this scenario.
Die Auswertung Discrimination in the EU in 2015 (Conducted by TNS Opinion & Social at the request of the Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers (DG JUST), Survey co-ordinated by the Directorate-General for Communication (DG COMM “Strategy, Corporate Communication Actions and Eurobarometer” Unit) der einzelnen Länder und aller abgefragten Diskriminierungsmerkmale finden sich in der jeweiligen Landessprache als pdf unter:
Weitere Artikel, nach dem Datum ihres Erscheinens geordnet, zum Thema
28.03.2015: Österreich: FPÖ war für schlimmste Pensionskürzungen der Zweiten Republik verantwortlich
26.03.2015: Österreich: Schluss mit Altersdiskriminierung im Vergaberecht
21.03.2015: Griechenland: Haushaltseinkommen fast ein Drittel niedriger
Alle Artikel zum Thema Internationales