USA - 15.09.2009 - von aarp
Having just finished its ninth year, the program launched in 2001 with the name "AARP Best Companies for Workers Over 50." In 2002, the name changed to AARP’s "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" to reflect AARP's interest in encouraging applications from a variety of employers from the nonprofit and for-profit sectors. Moreover, in order to recognize the important role that government employers play in the U.S. workforce, AARP also opened the program to public employers at the local, state, and federal levels. AARP recognizes that a growing number of U.S. employers are developing progressive policies and practices that are meeting the needs of the country's aging workforce. AARP seeks to share employers' best practices with the business community at large and to promote employment opportunities for older workers.
The AARP "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" is an annual recognition program that awards companies and organizations whose best practices and policies for addressing the issues affecting our aging labor force create roadmaps for the workplaces of tomorrow.
The 50 Best Employers for Workers Over 50 in 2009:
1. Cornell University, Ithaka, New York Link
2. First Horizon National Corporation, Memphis, Tenn.Link
3. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md. Link
4. The YMCA of Greater Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.Link
5. National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, Arlington, Va. Link
6. S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine,Wis., Link
7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.Link
8. Stanley Consultants, Muscatine, Iowa Link
9. Brevard Public Schools,,Viera, Fla.Link
10. George Mason University, Fairfax, Va. Link
11. City of Glendale, Arizona, Glendale, Ariz. Link 12. Securian Financial Group 13. Dept of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Admin. 14. Nevada Federal Credit Union 15. Pinnacol Assurance 16. Oklahoma City University 17. Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation 18. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina 19. DentaQuest 20. Adecco Group North America 21. Manheim 22. Commonwealth of Massachusetts--Executive Branch 23. Lee County Electric Cooperative 24. Virginia Commonwealth University 25. GlaxoSmithKline 26. The Aerospace Corporation 27. ACUITY 28. Harvard University 29. Pepco Holdings, Inc. 30. F.E.G.S. Health and Human Services System 31. San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind 32. Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey 33. University of Pittsburgh 34. Solix Inc. 35. Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC 36. S&T Bank 37. Michelin North America 38. Pearson 39. Corinthian Colleges, Inc. 40. FCCI Insurance Group 41. Hanson Professional Services Inc. 42. Union Bank 43. MEI Technologies, Inc. 44. Intel Corporation 45. FINRA 46. Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind, Inc. 47. GA Department of Human Resources 48. Express Employment Professionals 49. Prestige Services, Inc. 50. University of St. Thomas.
Weitere aktuelle Artikel zum Thema
06.03.2017: London: 250.000 Menschen demonstrieren gegen Kürzungen des Nationalen Gesundheitsdienstes
25.02.2017: Von Ceuta nach Barcelona und zurück
22.02.2017: Griechenland: Streik in Athen
Alle Artikel zum Thema Internationales